Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Holden aces crash test


A new Holden, yet to go on sale, has already been awarded a five-star safety rating.

The Holden Cruze, a small car to be offered with either a petrol or diesel engine, will hit company showrooms around the country next month.

It's top safety score was revealed by the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) yesterday.

ANCAP chairman Lauchlan McIntosh said the Cruze had a broad range of safety features and had performed well in ANCAP's crash tests.

The car's passenger compartment maintained its shape well during the demanding frontal offset crash test and scored well in other tests, Mr McIntosh said.

It also featured good safety equipment including dual front, side and side curtain airbags, electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes and electronic brake distribution.

"This result continues the recent five-star ratings for passenger cars, following the Ford Falcon and the Holden Commodore last year, and is great news for Australian new car buyers," Mr McIntosh said.

"It is pleasing to see manufacturers increasingly recognising the benefits of improving crashworthiness and including the latest safety features and technology into many Australian-made and imported cars."

ANCAP crash tests cars made in Australia and overseas, and incorporates other crash test results conducted in Europe.

A five-star rating is the highest currently awarded.

GM Holden chairman and managing director Mark Reuss said safety was at the core of the global development program for the Cruze.

"We know that today's motorists want many things from a small car and that includes no compromises on safety," Mr Reuss said in a statement.

"Incredibly high benchmarks were set as the Cruze was being developed and the result show.

"This is a world-class car with a safety rating to match."

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Tesla Electric Cars - Electric Powered Cars Sale

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP